Saturday 19 March 2016

Evaluation part 7 (draft)

Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Before completing my preliminary magazine i had no previous knowledge of key magazine conventions. This was evident in my preliminary magazine does not follow or replicate magazine conventions and structures. The preliminary magazine i created was a simple magazine with few layers and little thought of how it would attract my target market.

Not only have my ideas and knowledge of design conventions developed, but so to has my camera work. With my knowledge of mise en scene and framing developing too, an understanding which wasn't there at the time i created my preliminary school magazine. The new development in understanding these conventions has helped me to create, what i feel is a successful realistic magazine which would appeal to its target market. For example my understanding how clothing and the look of the model can influence the audience and the look of the magazine was something that i had not given a great amount of thought to when creating the preliminary magazine. However this is something that i began to understand more and something that i wanted to get right when it came to my actual magazine, which i feel did happen in the end, as the clothing and look of my model/artist 'Jake Goodfeller' made him look like a real indie/alternative rock artist, and also made him appeal to my target audience. 

As well as mise en scene and framing, my understanding of variety has also developed since the preliminary magazine. This is made clear by how in the 'prelim' most shots were from the same distance and of the same model. This was also the case with my draft magazine. However this is something i changed in my final magazine, by incorporating more than one model and a variety of different shot types like; close up, mid shots and long shots.

1 comment:

  1. This will need the same level of detail as Q1. You have a lot of work to do if 4 of these questions are to achieve a passing grade.

    ReplyDelete